Featured Post

Recommend Us Some Novels!!!

Good day, dear readers!!! My buddy, Azure, and I would just like to use this platform to ask you guys if you have any novels you would like ...

Thursday, May 14, 2020

MLLTM Chapter 1

Section 1. The heroine's best friend, Marilyn




My name is Marilyn Launer - born in a rural town with nothing much to see. Looking at my current situation, I’m not sure if it’s even correct to say that I was born.




The name Marilyn may be the same as that of a famous actress in Hollywood, but unfortunately, I was not as beautiful as her.



Also, Hollywood itself didn’t exist here.




And besides, I can’t live my life as the protagonist like the famous Hollywood actress.




If you’re wondering why…  




“Marin!”




You can find the answer from the incoming Lariensa with her bright blonde hair fluttering with the wind.






“Sorry, did I make you wait?”




“Not really, I took my time coming here. I didn’t wait that long.”





Here, this pretty girl was the protagonist of this world.




And I’m only a supporting actress.




* * *




One cannot be certain what lies ahead of his future, but no one would ever expect to be born again… and in a novel at that!




However, I did.




My real name is Song Yi-Seul. With this childish name, I was 20 years old in Korea. I studied so hard for the CSAT! Went to college! And dated a guy! I’ve also attended an MT!




I thought I could make my life bigger!




The only thing I did as Korea’s Song Yi-Seul was reading a novel entitled ‘You in the Dark,’ which I usually enjoy while lying in my bed before I go to sleep.





『Lariensa has always been like that. All the things that Marilyn wanted, she would inevitably get it all. This made Marilyn envy her,




And now she was not going to tolerate it anymore.




‘You should feel it at least once. How miserable it is to not get anything you ever wanted.’




Marilyn was no longer a naive country girl. The red-haired girl bit her lower lip strong enough to bleed and turned her back on Lariensa.




Their old friendship has now ended vainly. 』






The protagonist, Lariensa, and her old friend, Marilyn, liked the same guy. When he got stolen away by Lariensa, Marilyn turned her back on her and finally became a villain.




In this novel, Marilyn was my favorite because she was the most pitiful character in it.




To be honest, Lariensa did nothing wrong. However, I have never lived a life of being loved by everyone else like her, and I also shared the same sentiment with Marilyn.




Marilyn, who was constantly compared to a friend who was always smiling so brightly, and lost all the attention and affection of other people to her, was already my sore finger in this novel.





“Oh, Marilyn. What a poor girl…”





Looking at Marilyn, who was shunned by her family members when they found out that she had done a lot of bad things to Lariensa. I connected my smartphone to a charger and lay in bed while in tears.





‘Marilyn, be happy in your next life…’






I fell asleep wishing for Marilyn’s happiness in her next life, even though I'm sure it doesn't exist since she’s only a character in a novel.




The next morning, I would have never expected to wake up from Marilyn’s body.





* * *





I was surprised when I woke up again.





“Marin, are you awake now? Hold on! I’ll call uncle…”





When I woke up, I thought I was still dreaming as I saw the blonde-haired Lariensa.





“Who are you?”




“Oh? Why, What’s wrong, Marin?”




“Why is there a blonde-haired girl in my house?”





After a moment of silence, Lariensa screamed as she ran out of the room.





“Uncle! Auntie! Marilyn hurt her head!”





Later on, I found out that the real Marilyn was in that state because she and Lariensa played so hard the day before that she collapsed after her head was struck on a stone.




Because of that, I wandered around for a long time as I could not believe I possessed a villainess in a novel, and the people around me took extra care of me.






“What ice cream flavor do you want?”




“I’d like a chocolate one, Lara.”





Not long after I possessed Marilyn, I used to call Lariensa’s name plainly as it is.




However, one day, she cried and asked me.





“Why aren’t you calling me by my nickname like before?”





Since then, I was forced to call Lariensa by her nickname, ‘Lara.’




In the novel ‘You in the Dark,’ Marilyn was my favorite. Even if Lariensa was a nice girl, she made Marilyn unhappy, and that didn't sit well with me.




However!




That thought soon changed.






“Marin! I bought you some ice cream!”





I had to admit. I can now understand why every man inevitably fell in love with Lariensa. 




Lara, who went on an ice cream errand on behalf of me who was pressed on the bench under the pretext of being sick, hurriedly gave me an ice cream cone in my hand.





“You should eat it quickly before it melts.




“Ah… my arms don't have any strength on it, what should I do?




“Ah, try it. I’ll feed you.”





Lara was really gentle and innocent. Moreover, she was so pretty! Look now, she’s even feeding me ice cream for someone who doesn’t even lift a single hand.






“Lara, try putting strength on my shoulders. My head keeps falling down.”




“Sorry, I was too focused on feeding you the ice cream…





Lara gave more strength to the shoulder that I was leaning on.




I didn’t intend to act this way, but… this child had a trait that would incite a person’s sadistic nature.




Should I say it makes me want to bother and tease her more?




Well, maybe that is why some crazy men would now be clinging onto her.





“Shall we go home now?




“I can’t walk because my legs are tired...”




“I’ll carry you!”





Of course, that was a lie, saying that my legs were tired. In the meantime, people took care of me because I got a headache. But far from being sick, I was very alive and well.





“It’s okay. You look like you’re being sarcastic.”




“I’m stronger than I look, you know?”




“I don’t believe it.”




“I can really carry you!”




“What if I fall?”





I really didn’t plan on being carried by Lariensa, but...





“I’ll never let you fall!”




“Huh… really?”




“I can promise to the heavens!”




“Then, I can’t.”





Lariensa had many traits that really made me want to tease her. In the end, I was carried by her, and she took me home. By the time we got there, this kind child was already sweating profusely.




Lariensa and I were neighbors. The space between our houses was so narrow that an ant couldn’t even pass by, that’s how close the two houses were together.





“Oh my! Lariensa, did you carry Marilyn?”




“Yes, she said she didn’t have any strength on her legs.”




“Why didn’t you call us?”




“I wanted to carry Marin.”




“What can I do to repay you?”





Marilyn’s mother, Mrs. Launer, wiped Lariensa’s sweat and thanked her over and over again. She had some suspicions on my bluff, but she was still somewhat doubtful.






“Since it’s already late, you should now go home and have dinner. You can play with Marilyn tomorrow.”




“Yes, I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodbye, Marin.”




“Goodbye, Lara.”





When she was about to turn around, I winked at her. Lara, who knew what my wink meant, shyly smiled and went home.





“I’m going to bed now!”





After dinner, I rushed to my bedroom! There was only one reason to do so.




My pretty girl is waiting for me! Just as I opened the window in my room, Lara also opened hers.




I jumped across the window into Lariensa's room, using the narrow gap between the two houses where the window frames were almost attached together.





“You're going to sleep in my room again tonight, aren't you?”




“You’re going to get upset if I won’t sleep in here.”




“I’ve never been upset.”





Lariensa, who was talking while puffing up her cheeks, was so cute as she smiled at me. Ugh, so cute.




It was not long after I possessed this body that we went to each other's room without our parents knowing and started sleeping together.




Before that, the real Marilyn and Lariensa seemed to chat until late at night by their windows, but on the day that I possessed Marilyn, it became different. Perhaps Lariensa was worried about me that she went to my room by crossing through the windows first.




However, Lariensa had a weak fear of heights. So now that my condition has improved, I have been crossing over to her room.




Since then, it has become a habit to go to each other's rooms without our parents knowing and start sleeping. Even if I pretend not to, I know Lariensa would be in a tight spot if I ask her to sleep with me in my room.




Because of that, it was already natural for me to go to her room at night.





“Lara, that pink pajama, did you recently get that?”




“Yes. I got it from my brother as a gift for passing the entrance exam.”




“There’s even a ribbon on it. The design is cute.”




“Should we get matching pajamas or something similar later on?”




“We aren’t even a couple, so why should we do that?”




“Then, how about friendship pajamas?”





I didn't know it when I read the novel...




That our protagonist, Lariensa, liked to match things with me. When she, who was loved and raised, showed her affection in this way, it was hard for me to refuse.






“Now that I think about it, I should also prepare a gift for you.”





That’s why I hurriedly changed the topic.




A year ago, Lariensa took the entrance exam for the Cloud Academy with the real Marilyn. Cloud Academy is full of students who want to take the entrance exam every year, so the results of the exam are not announced until a year later. Anyway, that's why the test results that the real Marilyn apparently took a year ago were recently released.




And Lariensa was the only one of us who passed in there.





“Don’t give me a gift.”




“Why are you like this again?”




“Are you celebrating my entry to the academy?”




“That’s right, you wanted to go badly on it.”




“There’s that, but...”





Lariensa grumbled in a small voice.





“I’ll have to separate from you if I go...”





Lariensa entering the academy first was one of the reasons why Marilyn, in the original book, ignited an inferiority complex towards her.





“Are you upset about that?”




“Marin… you shouldn’t be closer to other friends without me.”




“Okay, okay, I got it.”





In fact, I wasn’t worried at all.




Because… I know all the things that Lara is gonna get into when she enters the academy.  




First, the original story begins in earnest with Lariensa entering the academy.




I already had a headache thinking that this innocent, kind, and vulnerable Lariensa would be involved with some crazy men. Her position as a good-hearted heroine made her unable to refuse them firmly.




I frowned as I recalled the dork boys, including the male lead, rolling Lariensa like this and that.




The male lead and other male characters would say.




I’ve never felt this way before. Huh, that’s so funny!




Is this a sign of love?





“Don’t worry, Lariensa.”





I gritted my teeth, thinking of the male lead and all male characters that I haven't met yet.






“Everything will be fine.”






Obviously, in the original book, Lariensa enters the academy, and the misfortune begins. Still, I decided not to worry too much.




There was something I believed in.





“So stop worrying about me making other friends, and also don't worry about going to the academy alone.”





Because she won’t be entering the academy alone.




I hugged Lara, who was still anxious.




Don’t worry, Lara. From now on, I’ll protect you!

Previous     Chapter List      Next >>


Support Me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment