Featured Post

Recommend Us Some Novels!!!

Good day, dear readers!!! My buddy, Azure, and I would just like to use this platform to ask you guys if you have any novels you would like ...

Friday, June 26, 2020

MLLTM Chapter 7

“I really wanted to give it back to you personally.”




“Really?”






“Yeah.”




“…Then can I go now?”





I’ve already apologized for throwing my coat at him, and also thanked him for returning it. So can I just go now?




I tried to slip away stealthily






“That day, did I do something to offend you?”







But he's as tactless as Lariensa, and he doesn't have to do that to me also!





I was immediately held back. 






“I’m really sorry about what happened that day. I was not feeling well that’s why I think I made a mistake. For that, I apologize again.”





“I'm not really trying to get an apology. I've just never seen someone... look at me with such hatred.”






“...Haha. Me? Hate you? Who said that?”





“Did I misunderstood it?”





“That’s right! I don’t hate you.”








No! I hate you! I hate you! I really, really hate you with all my entire being!






It's tough to act differently on the outside when you feel differently on the inside, but seeing Sibel do it perfectly leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That pretentious bastard…








“I’m glad it’s just a misunderstanding. Then, Marilyn.”







“Yeah?”







“Can we be friends?” 







“...Huh?”






Sibel reached out his hand to me. It was a hand offered to shake hands with me, but I was reluctant to hold unto it. Sibel was a man who could harm his opponent only through contact. It was uncomfortable for me to shake hands with him as if he’s infected with some kind of infectious disease.








“Are you reluctant to shake hands with me?”






When Sibel said those words, I just then forced myself to do it.







I begrudgingly held Sibel's cold hands and shook hands with him. 







“Alright, let’s do it. Friends.”







Sibel had a vague smile. I was wondering what he was thinking as of the moment, but I had no way of knowing it.






As soon as I got out of the hallway, I threw my coat into a pile of garbage near the dormitory, went into my room, and scrubbed my hands. 






Lariensa knocked on the bathroom door, asking what happened, but I couldn’t say anything.







Sibel Nouma Khan.





A name which sounds like a curse, and an uncomfortable human being to be with for even a brief conversation. 







I hope Sibel’s interest in Lariensa is still small.







* * *





Leaving my worries behind, Lariensa and I entered the classroom the next morning and prepared for class. Natalie, Emily, and Violet also sat beside us.







I glanced sideways at Sibel's usual seat. However, Sibel, who was always the first to arrive in the classroom, could not be seen until now. Most of the students have already arrived and taken their seats.








“Marin, what are you looking at?”





“Oh, it’s nothing.”






Because of my unusual behavior yesterday, Lariensa paid particular attention to me today.






I wish I was just overreacting things though…








“Guys, it’s Sibel.”






In a small voice, Natalie let us know that Sibel had entered the classroom. I was still glancing at his empty spot, but after he came in, I shifted my gaze away, and purposely didn't look at it.








“It's annoying when those Sisamo girls go crazy, but quite frankly, he’s really handsome.”






“There was also a rumor that he’s a descendant of a royal family.”






“Oh please, does that make sense?”




“I was just kidding. It’s because he looked that handsome.”








As I tried to listen to their talk, it was then that sound of neat steps came closer and closer.







“Hi, Marilyn.”







Only after hearing the voice did I realize who was approaching us. As I tried to turn around...





Thud!






Something fell on my desk accompanied by a dull sound.







“……”





It was the coat that I threw away in the garbage yesterday. But the coat that was supposed to be dirty smelled fragrant.







“I already washed it because it was so dirty.”





The lines up to this point were like this. However…







“I thought we shared warmth last night and confirmed our feelings for each other.” 






“…What nonsense are you talking about?!”






“Was it just me who felt that way?”








What the hell! What are you talking about?!








“My heart hurts as much as that coat you crumpled and threw last night.”








I heard something fall on the floor. As I turned my head around, I saw Violet’s soul flying away from her body as she dropped the pen on the floor.







I know what you're imagining, but that's not it! Don't misunderstand! 







That nasty Sibel lowered his head down and showed a sad smile as if he really had been broken-hearted. As he came closer to my ears, he whispered something to me in a cool voice, unlike his pitiful voice before.








“You shouldn’t hurt your friend like that, Marilyn Launer.”








I got goosebumps! I couldn't even explain the audacity of this two-faced Sibel!






Sibel grinned and patted me on the shoulder a couple of times before going to his place.






On that day, strange rumors spread like fire around the campus.






* * *






Upon entering the academy, Sibel was popular for his handsome appearance, friendly personality, exemplary attitude, and high marks.






The things that Sibel said to me were spread throughout the school.





‘I thought we shared warmth last night and confirmed our feelings for each other.’





Yeah, shaking hands was like sharing warmth.







‘My heart hurts as much as that coat you crumpled and threw last night.’





I did crumple my clothes. My clothes. To throw them away!







What he said was not wrong, but does he really have to say it like that? 








“Marilyn Launer! You said nothing’s going on between you and Sibel, was that a lie?”






“We, Sisamo, will never let this go.”








This cute level of intimidation from the members of Sisamo wasn't even that scary.









“Oh, my God… Marilyn, you didn't even tell us. I'm so sad!”







“Guys, it’s not what you think… ”







“But don’t worry, Marilyn. We understand.”







“No, please don’t understand.”






“You don't need to care too much about us. Although Natalie is sad that she couldn't have a boyfriend first, having a lover depends on one’s ability!”







“Sibel is not my boyfriend…”







“Furthermore, my friend is now the girlfriend of the great Sibel! My shoulders are straightening out like I also have a great boyfriend.”







“Emily. Listen to me…”







“Don’t worry about those Sisamo girls. We will defeat them all!”









Emily didn't even listen to me and decided things on her own terms.







Meanwhile, Natalie suddenly wore thick glasses and braided her hair in pigtails.








“Natalie. What are you doing?”






“Marilyn can't be any more late to have a boyfriend. It’s the early seagull that catches the fish.”




“…You mean the early bird catches the worm?”








Despite Violet pointing out her mistake, Natalie had a determined look on her face. 







“I was encouraged when I saw Marilyn. I'm also going to seduce one of the B4s!”







“What? B4?”





The novel used a third-person omniscient point of view. However, the story revolved around the heroine Lariensa, so there were some terms that I didn't know about. 








“You don’t know them? Lariensa’s brother, Senior Lycan, and Sibel, who just entered the school with us, and then there’s also…”







“Wait a minute. You don’t mean four Beautiful men, do you?”







“That’s right.”







“What? A parody of F4?!”







“What’s F4?”








 Almost paradise~~~





achimboda deo nunbusin nal hyanghan neoui sarangi~~~
[T/N: This is the lyrics from “Paradise” by T-max which is the OST of a Korean drama, ‘Boys Over Flowers’]





Why does it sound like an OST I have heard from somewhere?






When I read it as a novel, it seemed to be a very dark and dreary novel to me before, but now that I actually went through it, it was cheerful and human.









“Okay. It's a good idea to dress yourself up to get a boyfriend, but why are you braiding your hair in pigtails like a rural girl? Also, what’s with the glasses?”







“Wouldn't people be curious if there was a crude child among the pretty children here at the academy? And then, when someone thinks it’s tacky, he would take off her glasses, unties her hair, and then realizes that she actually looks pretty…”






“I advise you as a friend, Natalie. That is not true.”






“…Ah, really?”








Fortunately, Natalie was quick to accept it. We helped Natalie, who was struggling so much, to undo her braided hair. Emily then spoke to Violet. 








“Violet, you look calm?”







“I was surprised, yes, but what can I do? I should just support my friend's love affair.”








I was flustered and raised my voice unknowingly. 








“I said we are not dating?!”







“You’re still not on that stage?”





“Hah, really...”






What was Sibel thinking? Why did he say such a misleading thing? Whether we’re actually dating or not, it would be hard to approach Lariensa now if she misunderstood the relationship between us.







Is he still not interested in Lariensa yet? Or maybe, he still hasn’t realized himself that he’s interested in her.







If that’s still not it… 








“Sibel is handsome. But don't be so into relationships, Marilyn. The most important thing for us is to study.”








Violet spoke like a grown-up and opened up a collection of workbooks that were a grade higher than the grade we're in, which she bought outside the academy not long ago.








“Studying again?”








Violet said in a determined voice.








“I'm going to do my best and graduate from the academy as the top student!”








Emily came to me and whispered. 








“If you don't know her personally, you might think Violet is really good at studying.”







“…I know right.”






After a while, Violet just scribbled on all but 3 questions out of 25. It was a terrible sight. 








“But, Marilyn.”








Natalie spoke to me in a low voice and directed her eyes at Lariensa. 








“I think you need to talk to Lariensa…”








A sigh came out of my mouth. 







That’s right. That was the real problem.





Those Sisamo girls? Their jealousy and intimidation were not scary at all. It was embarrassing, but in a way, it was also cute.





My friends' misunderstanding? Right now, these kids are excited that they don’t even listen to me, but we often hang out together, so I can just explain to them later on.







Well, I'm a little stressed out because of all of them, but...… 







The real problem right now was Lariensa. 







I asked my friends to excuse me for a moment and approached Lariensa, who was sitting alone in a corner with her cheeks inflated and lips pouted.







In the novel, Lariensa was just a beautiful and kind heroine like an angel. However, the real Lariensa was very possessive and gets easily jealous. As a child who was raised with love, she has a somewhat childish side of her.







And it was more lovely because she was so human.







“Lara, are you upset?”





“……”







“Why don’t you talk to me?”






I stooped down to see her at an eye-level, but Lariensa immediately turned her head away.








“You don't want to make eye contact with me, huh?”







“……”







“Wow- I’m hurt!”







“…Hurt?”






Lariensa glared at me with unusual fierce eyes. 








“I’m the one who’s hurt, you know? How can you not tell me about it? No, how could you abandon me and get yourself a boyfriend?!” 







“……”







“I've been looking forward to my life here at the academy with you! We’ve just entered the academy, and now in just less than a semester, you already have a boyfriend?!”







“I said we’re not really dating!”







“Even if you’re still flirting, it’s still the same for me!”





“We’re not even flirting with each other!” 







“I don't care! I just thought you and I are gonna be AFs!”







“AF?”






“Academy Best Friends!”







“……”








So it’s a term similar to CC(Campus Couple) right?





Ah, I’m deeply embarrassed…







I looked at my friends asking for help, but Emily, Natalie, and Violet just stared at us while eating cookies and sandwiches. 






They were like watching a movie, wearing 3D glasses and eating popcorn.






…This is not good. I was going to properly explain it to them after their excitement had subsided over time, but I don’t think that’s a good idea.




Support Me!
 

14 comments:

  1. Lol I'm surprised Sibel went to retrieve her coat, will she throw it away again? xD
    Lariensa is the lover that will shout "I object!!!" At Marilyn's marriage ceremony, I can feel it.
    Thank you for the chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A parody of the F4s, haha that's actually funny.
    Tho i was so glad that she threw it away, he just had to pick it up.>~< ugh.
    Much obliged for the chapter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand Sibel well yet, but so far I think he is an interesting character. Especially the part where he gave her back her coat in the classroom and whispered in Marilyn's ear. It makes me excited to see what kind of interactions will appear next between her and Sibel.

    And omg that F4 part... I immediately had the song in my head when I read the first part of the lyrics.

    Thank you for translating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also singing to the song as I translate it.
      Also, you're welcome!

      Delete
  4. This is hillarious πŸ˜‚ I can't wait the next chapter. (By the way, thank you, thank you, thank you sooooo much for picking this up. I almost cried when it get dropped, can you imagine the moment i saw the new chapter! Your translation is superb! Love you 😍)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol u should've been honest about ur hatred for him πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But how can she explain the reason for her deep hatred towards Sibel? If another person would hear that, she would be treated as a crazy person. It's only to us and her would her explanation would make sense

      Delete
  6. Deeply regret reading this bc it's not GL, like ahhh their interactions are so cute..Lara and Marilyn! I can't...I dont' care how handsome Sibel is, I'm going down with this ship even if I know it's not coming true

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, maybe I would have liked the male lead better if they had introduced him before Lara, it's too late now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

      Delete
  7. sibel is so scary he gives me chills

    ReplyDelete
  8. that Boys over flowers reference WAS HILARIOUS LMAOOO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what to comment on in this chapter. This was the best chapter ever! Sibel's revenge and the Boys over Flowers OST playing were hilarious

    ReplyDelete