Featured Post

Recommend Us Some Novels!!!

Good day, dear readers!!! My buddy, Azure, and I would just like to use this platform to ask you guys if you have any novels you would like ...

Friday, May 14, 2021

MLLTM Chapter 29

Translator: Flameu

Editor: Yunan



“Marin, where are you going?!”









Even though Lara was calling me from behind, I dashed forward without replying to her.





I still don’t have any plans of getting close to Sibel!





It’s just... it’s just...





I received so many presents!





It’s only natural for me to thank him!





That’s all.





So I left the dormitory and ran around the academy for a long time.





However, I wouldn’t be able to find Sibel by just aimlessly wandering around.





So then what should I do? It’s the festival period, so I’m sure he won’t be in the classroom…









“Oh, look who’s here?”









Huh? I think I’ve heard this voice a lot somewhere…









“…Hailey?”









When I turned around and checked who it was, I got goosebumps by this wonderful coincidence. I was just trying to find Sibel but I met the Sisamo… sigh, should I be glad about this or not?









“Well, well, well… Isn’t this Marilyn Launer, who’s been associated with my idol for a while, but it turns out to be just a misunderstanding, and who’s close to my second favorite’s sister?"









Is it because this reality is based on a novel? Why did she introduce me with all that unnecessary information out loud?





It’s like in a crazy drama where the main character would answer the phone and said, ‘What? My sister got splashed with cold water from that slut at a cafe and when she got admitted to a hospital, it was discovered that she has cancer?!’ and just telling everyone everything.









“Good to see you, Hailey.”





“The heck? Why are you so friendly all of a sudden?”









Although Sibel’s current whereabouts are not known, no one in the academy knows his every move better than the Sisamo.









“Do you know where’s Sibel?”





“And why do you ask?”









As I had guessed, Hailey became wary when I asked for Sibel’s location. But didn’t I thought of an excuse just in case?









“Lara’s our vice president, right? They have a meeting with Sibel regarding their duties as class officers, but Lara has something to do and she can’t find him anywhere.”





“Is that so…?”





“Yeah, that’s why I’m looking for Sibel instead of Lara.”





“You can’t!”









Contrary to my expectation, Hailey was unexpectedly determined even if it’s for the sake of her second favorite’s younger sister (Lariensa).









“No matter how much my second favorite’s sister needs this information…  I won’t! Reveal! Sibel’s location! To anyone! Easily!”









Sigh… Should I give up for now and find him later…?









“Therefore! Whatever you say or do, I will never ever tell you that Sibel entered the haunted house 15 minutes ago!”





“…Huh?”





“You will never know that Sibel helped a girl who fell at the entrance of the haunted house and then went inside with a dazzling smile!”









You’re telling it to me now though?









“Hoho. You’re curious, right? About why Sibel went inside the haunted house…”









Hailey, I didn’t expect it… but your mouth is as light as cotton candy, isn’t it?









“Yes, that’s right! I’m sooooo curious! But now that I know, I’ll leave now. Byeee~”





“What? You already know? Hey!”









I don’t think Hailey even remembers what she just said.





You weren’t going to tell me where Sibel is, so I’m not going to tell you either!





Alright, let’s go to the haunted house!





Coincidentally, the haunted house was also not far away and now I’m at the entrance of the haunted house.





I was about to enter when someone blocked my way inside. Had it not been for the gatekeeper to block me, I would have already been sprinting down that dark hallway.









“Please pay the entrance fee.”





“Entrance fee? There’s an entrance fee?!”









It’s the school festival. What do you mean entrance fee? Other stalls don’t ask for it though?









“The haunted house is specially crafted, so we charge a small entrance fee.”









Ah, what should I do? I didn’t bring any money because I was in a hurry.





If I go back to the dorm, surely Sibel would have already left after I came back.





At that moment, I remembered what Natalie said before… 










‘I borrowed a book called <How to be Good at Dating> and there I read that when a man sees a girl acting cutely (aegyo), they would be completely captivated by her charms and fall prey to her whims.’










Natalie was a master of theory without practical experience. What if I do it and I’m the only one who gets embarrassed?





I slowly raised my head and looked at the gatekeeper.





The person in front of me was smiling menacingly, implying that I should go away if I don’t have any money.





Inhale… Exhale…  I can’t help it. I don’t have any choice now but to show you my super duper cute act!









“Marini ish sho upshet (You know, I was so upset).”





“……”





“When you ashkedt Marini fhor money, I wash really, really, reaallly upshet! I wash sho shad! Shad! (When you asked me for money, I was really, really, reaalllyy upset! I was so sad! Sad!)”





“……”





“Hmm~? Hmmm~!”





“……”









How is it? Cute, right? You’re going crazy now, aren’t you?





When Lara saw this cute act, she covered her mouth and even cried because of cuteness overload!





…Although I was beaten up by my other friends because of it, let's just skip that.









“I heard you… y-you can go in…”









Ohh? For real?





When I looked up at the gatekeeper with my eyes raised, I could see him turning away, covering his red face.





Hey, Mr. Gatekeeper! Why is your face turning red?





Anyway, anything free is good! Even if I have to suffer, I’ll spend my whole life accepting free stuff.









“Wahh~ yayy! You’re the besht! The bwesht, the best!!! (Wahh~ yayy! You’re the best! The best, the best!!!)”









Finally, I winked and sent hearts toward the gatekeeper whose whole face was already red and then entered the haunted house.





Once I came in, the haunted house was much spookier than I thought.





Well, they’re all dressed up as various monsters and paranormal creatures…









Hihihihihihi.









“WAAAAHHH!”









It’s a ghost! It’s laughing! No, no, no, no! Go away!





Then someone tapped me on the shoulder from behind.





I thought a staff member came to pick me up after hearing my scream… but no, it was a zombie!









“AHHHHHH! SAVE ME!!!”









That’s how the chase with the zombies began.





Why the hell did Sibel go inside the haunted house?!





And what person would pay so much attention to the quality of the haunted house during the festival?!





When I looked back, the zombie who was chasing me blew up to five.









Uwahahaha!









I thought I could hear a dreary sound somewhere, and then suddenly, a bloody ghost popped out of my sight!









“Lara! Emily! Natalie! Violet!”









Mom, save me! I think I’m going to die!





When I looked back again, not only zombies but also a bunch of bloody ghosts were now chasing me. What kind of haunted house would have so many staff dressed up like this!





It was so dark that I ran without knowing where I was going, that I barely managed to open a door that was in front of me and went inside to get away from those chasing ghosts and zombies.









Huff, huff…”









The room was a lot darker than where I was before, so I couldn’t see anything in front of me. It wasn’t until I managed to get used to the dark that I realized that this was a dressing room.









“I’m just gonna take a breath and then I’ll go out…”









Now all I wanted was to leave this haunted house quickly, whether I’ll find Sibel or not.





Taking a closer look at the costumes, it was not as scary as I thought. Why the heck did I run around screaming like that then?





Having the courage, I took a step and looked around the dressing room a bit more.










Tap!










But then, someone grabbed my ankle.









“……”









Feeling the cool air, I slowly lowered my head little by little, and when I finally saw it… 





There’s another zombie near my feet!









“AHHHHHHHHH! I don’t like haunted houses anymore! Let me goooo!!!”









The courage that I had before was blown away in just a second. I lost my mind and beat up the zombie.









“Uh, ugh…”









It was only after the zombie groaned that I came back to my senses.





I was horrified! The fact that this zombie is actually not a zombie but a human being!









“Oh my god…”









W-what if his ribs are broken?









“A-are you alright?”









I bent down on my knees and tried to examine his wounds. However, that person struck my hand coldly.





How cold…









“Do you want me to take you to the clinic?”





“No.”





“Oh, you don’t want to? Is it because it’s hard to walk? Should I call someone then?”





“No.”





“You also don’t want to call someone… Then, should I carry you on my back?”





“No.”





“So you just don’t like going to the clinic? If you don’t mind, can I turn on the light so that I can examine your wound?”





“No.”









You don’t like this! You don’t like that! Then what do you want me to do?!





Are you taking revenge on me by doing this because I hit you earlier?





Otherwise, you can’t just repeatedly say ‘no’. Unless you’re Sio Owens…





…Wait a minute. Sio Owens?









“Excuse me…”





“No.”





“What do you mean by that?”





“No.”





“…Hello?”





“No.”





“Half fried, half seasoned, with lots of radish.”





“No.”









I just said whatever random as a test, but I can’t believe he still said ‘no’.





This zombie is undeniably Sio Owens!









“Do you really say ‘no’ to everything?”





“No.”





“Do you not say anything else? If you file a complaint against me later, at least make it pass through the Disciplinary Committee first!”





“……”





“Okay. You’re the one who kept saying ‘no’, so I’m leaving.”









Just like that, I turned my back on Sio Owens without regret.









“…Ugh.”









If Sio Owens hadn’t groaned a little behind me, I would have already walked away through the door.





You said you didn’t want to go to the clinic! Then you shouldn’t act sick!









“Oh, come on!”









Still, I was the one who hurt him, so I have to take responsibility!





I tried to help him even if I didn’t want to. Of course, Sio refused and pushed me with all his strength.









“…No.”





“You don’t want help and you don’t also want to be carried.”





“No.”





“Then I can’t help it. I have to call someone else.”





“N-…”





“Even if you don't like it, I’ll call someone. In particular, there’s a boy named Sibel who I’m close to.”





“……”









Sio’s shoulders slightly trembled by the mere mention of Sibel’s name. It seems that he’s afraid of Sibel just like in the original story.









“Should I go out and get Sibel, or will you take my help?”









Sio, who was biting his lips, soon reached out to me.





It was an inevitable ‘Yes’ from intimidation.






* * *






Sio Owens! ‘Who is he?’ you ask…





He is the son of the chairman of the board and is a distant relative of Sibel.





His self-esteem is very low due to Sibel’s constant bullying. In the course of the story, he eventually falls in love with Lariensa but he instead helps Sibel as a wingman for Lariensa to fall for her.





Although he’s one of the characters who I told Lara to avoid, he wasn’t really that bad of a guy.









“Oh my god! Sio, how did you get hurt like this?!”









The professor, who was in charge of the infirmary, made a fuss as he examined Sio’s body.





It was true that Sio’s body is covered in bruises because of me, but…





Professor? I don’t think you had the same reaction when Emily fell and came here with her nose bleeding though…?





Is it because he’s the chairman’s son? Just because he’s the son of a powerful man?!









“Tell me, Sio. Who hurt you?”





“…in the haunted house.”





“Someone hit you in the haunted house?!”









Hey! You always say ‘No, no’ before, but now you open your mouth when you tell on me?!









“Professor, I found him there!”





“And you are…?”





“I’m Marilyn Launer! I found him collapsed and rolling inside the haunted house!”









Sio knitted his brows, disgruntled. But I don’t really care, so I just blatantly lied to the professor.









“I think he hit the walls here and there while running away and got bruises along the way.”





“But how did he get bruised on his ribs and stomach?”





“Haha… Sio must have been really scared.”





“I was worried that Sio would not have any friends, but I didn’t know he already had a friend like Marilyn here. I’ll go get the medicine, so can you take care of Sio for the meantime?”





“Of course, I’ll properly take care of him.”









I was the one who hurt him, so how can I not take care of him? Hahaha! Don’t worry, professor, just slowly take your time!





After the professor went out to get the medicine, Sio stood up and walked towards the bed, intending to lie down for a bit. Of course, I tried to help him but…









“No.”









I was rejected as expected.









“Are you just going to say the same exact thing for the entire day?”









Originally, he wouldn’t even reply to others, so compared to what others thought of him, he already talked a lot to me.





And it seems that is the case. How many times have I heard him say ‘no’ just today?









“Get out.”





“You don’t speak more than two words, do you?”





“……”





“Don’t stare at me like that. I’ll leave as soon as the professor comes back.”









It’s at this moment that I realized that Lariensa was really amazing. How could one approach someone and be kind to him when all he just did was say ‘no’?









“You…”





“Have you thought of anything else to say to me?”





“…You’re close with Sibel?”









Sio kept saying no to this and that, so I just said that to threaten him to come with me.





But it seems to have bothered him quite a lot. 







Support Me!
 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your hard work! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update again. Your translations are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update, I really loved this chapter and I can’t wait to know more about sibel and sios backstory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on saying more thn 2 words Sio XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good lol...all the males are so interesting lol....

    There's a kpop song by clc called no

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this today and binged allllll off this. Thank you for the amazing translating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fkjlfsalkj the one time she wanted to see sibel, she meets up with this other guy instead... sibel you unlucky fool lmaoooo

    thank you for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved it! Thank u so much !!

    ReplyDelete